Amarok 2 screenshots

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 31 08:08:41 UTC 2008

On 1/31/08, Rich <rich at hq.vsaa.lv> wrote:
> On 2008.01.29. 13:49, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > On 1/29/08, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is there some live CD that can be downloaded in order to test Amarok preview?
> >
> > Not from the Amarok project, nope. Maybe though it's contained on some
> > distro's LiveCD. To my mind comes SUSE here, who regularly release an
> > updated LiveCD as far as I know.
>
> yesterday i booted kde4 live cd (based on opensuse) - it did not have
> amarok.
> you can install it using yast, but the version i tried, it crashed
> during startup (package was built on january 29).

Ok, I have some news: We're actually planning to resurrect the
AmarokLive project, which has been dormant for way too long. The plan
is to release this with an Amarok 2 preview; maybe we could even put
the latest Amarok 1 version on the disc as well, hm.

In other related news, we're working on setting up a nightly build
service with Amarok 2 packages, for Kubuntu.

--
Mark