podcasts in Amarok 2.0 ?

David Perdue dave at minusvince.com
Tue Jan 29 17:52:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 12:44 -0500, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2008 12:36 PM, Alvin <alvinbeach at gmail.com> wrote:
>         On Tuesday 29 January 2008 13:25:17 Leon Weber wrote:
>         > On 29.01.2008 11:31:38, Jeremy Faulkner wrote:
>         > > Valent Turkovic wrote:
>         > > > 3. have few linux podcasts subscribed by default
>         (LugRadio, Linux
>         > > > Action Show, Linux Link Tech Show, Linux Outlaws...) of
>         course ogg rss
>         > > > feeds
>         > >
>         > > No thanks.
>         > >
>         > > There's a difference between the listing of streaming
>         radio stations and
>         > > default subscriptions to podcasts: Amarok doesn't
>         communicate with the
>         > > radio stations unless instructed to play them whereas the
>         RSS feeds will
>         > > be regularly updated. If the client is configured to
>         download new
>         > > episodes then there's even more unwanted traffic and disk
>         usage.
>         >
>         > I agree with that. A list with suggestions would be the
>         better solution,
>         > I think, so it would just be one click to enable it.
>         >
>         > Leon
>

>         Sort of like how Shoutcast streams are listed in Amarok 1.4.8
>         exception that
>         the user would need to "Subscribe"?
>
>         Alvin

> I definitely like the idea of a few suggested podcasts, but nothing
> that's subscribed to by default.  It would better tie in with the idea
> of a podcast directory browser IMO
>
> Andrew

-I definitely like the podcast directory idea.

-It would also be nice to have built-in bookmarking to resume where you
last left off.

-Video Podcast support would be nice as well; NOT playing video in
AmaroK, but being able to launch Kaffeine or something for the Video
podcasts (without using a script).  For some reason I had some issues
with this in the past.

--
Dave Perdue
dave at minusvince.com