EasyTAG-2.1.4-destroyed cover

Jakob Sack jakob.sack at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:38:12 UTC 2008

Hi Jérôme,

I found the error :-)
Easytag has written the tags (by default?) as UTF16. In this way the name
amazon.jpg was saved as "61 00 6d 00 61 00 7a 00 6f 00 6e 00 2e 00 6a 00 70
00 67 00 ( 00 ff d8 ff e0 ...)". ID3v2.4 says that after the name of the file
comes a "00" and then the binary data. It seems to me like amarok was using
the "00" after the "67" as the "this is the end of the name-00".
I switched to UTF8 ("61 6d 61 7a 6f 6e 2e 6a 70 67 ( 00 ff d8 ff e0 ...)") and
everything is fine. So I think it's an amarok bug.

Regards,
Jakob

@amarok: I use amarok 1.4.8 from www.mandrivauser.de :-)