Amarok Digest, Vol 21, Issue 25

Swapan swapan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 16:28:08 UTC 2008

--- amarok-request at kde.org wrote:

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:43:49 +0000
From: Gleb Litvjak <blaster999 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Feedback] AudioCD

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 19:36:21 Martynas Margis
wrote:
> But it is possible to get somewhat CD number and
> identify CD by that
> numbers and store data in database. Just as Windows
> CD player does. I know
> that CD is read-only. And i also think that
> editable CD data support is
> essential for a music player-database software.
> Well it may be a just me
> but i know lots of people who listen to original
> CD's and enjoy listening to unconverted music.

-FLAC offers exactly the same quality as the CD, and
-it has editable metadata ;)

It used to be that Konq would show FLAC version of the
tracks (http://michaelcarden.net/blog/?p=21) but
lately it does not in Kubuntu 7.10, so I would say
playing or ripping CDs using Amarok has become
complicated. Wish Amarok could include the playback
functionalities of kscd so that you could ditch it.

-swapan