Fwd: Re: [Feedback] AudioCD

Martynas Margis iaqmas at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 19:36:21 UTC 2008

But it is possible to get somewhat CD number and identify CD by that numbers and store data in database. Just as Windows CD player does. I know that CD is read-only. And i also think that editable CD data support is essential for a music player-database software. Well it may be a just me but i know lots of people who listen to original CD's and enjoy listening to unconverted music. I don't demand for Amarok to identify artists and albums. Simple ability to  set that data myself would be sufficient.

Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote: On Jan 16, 2008 3:03 AM, Martynas Margis  wrote:
> Well.... It is set... and is not working.
> But i wonder  why Amarok is unable to read CD Text or doesn't allow mo to
> set desired data myself... This sounds strange but it is. Amarok really has
> to have some  changes in this part.

The CD is read-only, its impossible to set desired data.

In general Amarok isn't great at playing audio cd's, since none of us
developers play audio cd's. It used to not really support it at all.

Ian Monroe

Be a better friend, newshound, and  know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.