100% CPU while searching in collection browser

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Jan 13 18:17:21 UTC 2008

On 1/13/08, Dr. Diesel <dr.diesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any help suggestions etc, this is driving me nuts!!!
>
> Anyway to determine which thread/procedure/function is looped when
> this happens?  Surly there is more information I can provide!!
>
> On Dec 6, 2007 5:32 PM, Dr. Diesel <dr.diesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This happens about every 10-15 searches.  100% CPU for about 3-5
> > minutes from amarokapp, then all back to normal?
> >
> > Running today's SVN, but this has happened for possible the last 30 days.
> >
> > Running Fedora 8, mysql with 150K files.  Normally each search is
> > about 2-5 seconds.

Hi Andy, try to rebuild Amarok with --enable-debug=full, and then
start amarokapp from the shell. You will notice a great amount of
debug information printed to the terminal, including timing
information.

When the problems occurs again, see if you can find anything
interesting in the debug info, or paste it here for us to analyze.

--
Mark