How to test latest Amarok 2?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:02:29 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 10:09 PM, Nicholas Wilson <ncw33 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Saturday 12 January 2008 9:03 pm Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I downloaded KDE 4.0 live cd and Amarok 2.0 is missing so can you
> > please point me in the right direction of some live CD I can use to
> > test latest Amarok 2.0 (beta?) features.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Valent.
>
> Amarok 2 has not yet reached alpha stage, let alone beta.  It is not on any
> live cd.  You will have to compile it yourself.  There are instructions on
> the wiki.
>
> Nicholas

I tried compiling it a few times on my Fedora 7 system and I got stuck
and nobody at IRC channel could help me out. I didn't give up so
easily and I tried for more than 8 hours to compile it without success
:(

If there is a copy/paste cookbook for compiling it on Fedora systems
please let me know because general instructions on wiki page are
useless to non-guru and non amarok-devel type of people.

Thank you,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/