Can't save playlist over 2000 songs

Max amarok-list at DELTAL.ORG
Sat Jan 12 04:19:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

first details...

Kubuntu; Linux equinox 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Sun Sep 23 19:50:39 UTC
2007 i686 GNU/Linux
Amarok 1.4.5 (Using KDE 3.5.6) Build: Apr 4 2007

Ok, my problem is that I currently have 3229 Songs I like to load up. I
would like to make a playlist whihc includes ALL of my music, otherwise
everytime I want the whole collection loaded I have to 'Add Media' and
point to the top directory of my songs, and wait for it to reload them
all again.

I was just going to make a playlist with all the music, but everytime I
stop and then restart amarok, it reloads all of the playlists apart from
any which has over 2000 songs.

I did a little playing, and I can make a playlist with 2000 songs and it
will be restored, but if I have a playlist with 2001 songs, the .m3u
file exists in the directory ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/playlists/, but it
doesn't get loaded or listed by Amarok :(

Can anybody help me out with what I may be doing wrong, as I hear of
people speak of playlists larger than this? (If it is important, Under
Tools, Configure Amarok, Collections, the Collection Database is set to
SQLite, would it help if I set it to MySQL, as I have it installed and
used for other stuff?)

Cheers

Max