Freshly commented code

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:14:11 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 8:56 PM, N.C. Wilson wrote:

> On Thursday 03 January 2008 1:33 am Leo Franchi wrote:
>> you definitely need to comment your code here.
>> CollectionSortFilterProxyModel::lessThanString needs some doc
>> lovin' to bo
>> honest a relatively quick readthrough shows me that it would take
>> me quite
>> a significant amount of time to parse the code, so i'm going to
>> wait for
>> some comments.
>
> Here are the comments (attached).
>
> This is quite a nice patch for any listeners of classical music, who
> will want to be able to easily find numbered pieces of music and
> expect to find them in the 'right' place. Having Symphony 3 ...
> Symphony 24 ... Symphony 104 as opposed to the standard order is a
> nice little feature, and it does not interfere with any pieces that
> you would not want sorted this way.
>
> When you say it would take time to parse, if you mean time to parse
> regexps at runtime, then probably not. Most of the time the function
> returns straight away after checking the first string and will
> usually not even read the second one before passing control to the
> standard sort.

i think i probably didn't make clear in my last email that i'm waiting
for you to send a diff :)
also, i'm not clear where this cpp file fits in to all your patches in
your first email? if you could clarify i'll definitely commit your
stuff asap.

we wouldn't want you to get the wrong impression and think we forgot
about you, now would we?

leo