Freshly commented code

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 04:19:03 UTC 2008

On 03 Jan 2008 02:56:57 +0000, N.C. Wilson <ncw33 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 03 January 2008 1:33 am Leo Franchi wrote:
> >  you definitely need to comment your code here.
> > CollectionSortFilterProxyModel::lessThanString needs some doc lovin' to
> bo
> > honest a relatively quick readthrough shows me that it would take me
> quite
> > a significant amount of time to parse the code, so i'm going to wait for
> > some comments.
>
> Here are the comments (attached).

This is quite a nice patch for any listeners of classical music, who will
> want to be able to easily find numbered pieces of music and expect to find
> them in the 'right' place. Having Symphony 3 ... Symphony 24 ... Symphony
> 104 as opposed to the standard order is a nice little feature, and it does
> not interfere with any pieces that you would not want sorted this way.

looks good. but this is not a patch! :)

also, you should consider joining us on #amarok on irc.freenode.net, where
amarok devs and users hang out. we can work through issues much faster in
that way too..

regarding the "temporary" dialog, i'm going to say we should wait until we
finalize something and commit that. if we commit something temporarily
chances are it will be forgotten (as there are so many things to do in
amarok2) and we don't want to ship it when there are much better ways to
show the controls (as i elaborated on in my response).

When you say it would take time to parse, if you mean time to parse regexps
> at runtime, then probably not. Most of the time the function returns
> straight away after checking the first string and will usually not even
> read the second one before passing control to the standard sort.

when i said parse, i meant it takes time for my brain to parse that function
without comments :) so we're all set now.

leo

Leo Franchi
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125