A whole load of random patches

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Jan 3 00:48:08 UTC 2008

Leo Franchi wrote:

> On 02 Jan 2008 23:28:47 +0000, *N.C. Wilson* <ncw33 at cam.ac.uk
> <mailto:ncw33 at cam.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     So, here they are separately. The config page is provisional and
>     should
>     probably be demoted to a less central place. All the intermediate
>     stages do
>     compile when applied in order (I checked with a clean build each
>     time), but
>     are not all necessarily useful (functionality with no way to turn
>     it on).
>     The final stage works.
>
>     I notice that when you click on the close × in the top right, a
>     dialogue
>     tells you that it is going to go to the taskbar, but it does not.
>     This is a
>     bug, but what is the bug? Either it is part of a HIG drive for
>     consistency,
>     and the dialogue box should not be appearing, or the bug is that
>     it should
>     go to the task bar. (I hope this makes sense.)
>

> i'm taking a look at the patches now, but to answer this question---the way it used to work was if the player window was open (which is gone in amarok2) closing it with the top-left X would minimise it (and show that warning). i suggest now that we just not show the warning and close amarok, since personally i really hate apps that fail to close when you use the close button (and there is other window like the mini-player anymore that might be useful).
>

> leo
Personally I'm the opposite...I like apps that I can close to systray
(since quitting with Ctrl+Q is also easy).  But if it works like you
suggest, how does one get it to the systray?

Unless minimize minimizes to systray and not taskbar...but what if they
want it on the taskbar (/Plasmabar) when minimized?

--Jeff