Grouping files correctly in album

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:43:59 UTC 2008

Dear amarok developers!

Amarok is by far my favourite player, but there's a small glitch that
you might be able to help me with. I just downloaded the new Mercedes
Benz Mixed Tape (no. 19) from www.mercedes-benz.tv/mixedtape and
encountered a curious behaviour which has bothered me before:

I copy the folder with the MP3 files to my music directory. Then I
tell Amarok to refresh the database and, as expected, after that the
new songs are available. Unfortunately, all the files have different
information (it's mostly the artist's website) in the album field, but
from my perspective they all belong to the same album. So, I change
this to "mixed tape 19" and expect Amarok to show them belonging to
the same album afterwards. But it doesn't. Each song is shown to
belong to the album "mixed tape 19", but there seem to be 10 different
albums with that name. Meaning: While playing the song, the info field
about the album does not show the other songs.

So, I assume that either I am doing something the wrong way, or
there's some hidden information in the MP3 files telling Amarok that
they belong to different albums, or it's a bug in Amarok. Anyway ...
what can I do? It's nothing really bad, but it doesn't make me feel
good about listening to these songs. :-(

By the way: I'm using Amarok 1.4.8 (KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6" openSUSE 10.3).

Thanks for the great work!

Johannes

--
Johannes Schwall, Münster