Amarok Layout, now with real Mockup

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Wed Feb 27 14:12:14 UTC 2008

Al Twohill wrote:
> I dislike the huge area being taken up by the amarok logo. Don't get
> me wrong, I think it's a cool logo, but I use amarok for its
> functionality and ease of use to play the music that i want to hear
> (often sifting out of a large amount of crud that has built its way
> into my music library).
It's not taken up by the logo.  The logo is only there when no context
applets are on top of it.  I don't see the connection between the logo
and Amarok's functionality and ease of use.

> I'm not too sure how to put this, but my main usage wish, which I have
> not found in ANY music player, is the ability to have a large playlist
> playing, such as all the music I haven't listened to, and then put
> that to the side (with the current track position) and play something
> else - another playlist, or even just a song. Afterwhich I just switch
> back to my main playlist and Amarok keeps playing from where it left
> off. Currently to achieve this I just use two different media players,
> but its a bit of a hassle don't you think?
Save your current Playlist as a local playlist.  Replace it with
something else.  Then load the local playlist back in.

--Jeff