Amarok Layout, now with real Mockup

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Wed Feb 27 09:11:09 UTC 2008

On 2008.02.27. 10:48, Al Twohill wrote:

i'll just add that i don't fancy the large empty are at the top as well ;)

> I'm not too sure how to put this, but my main usage wish, which I have
> not found in ANY music player, is the ability to have a large playlist
> playing, such as all the music I haven't listened to, and then put that
> to the side (with the current track position) and play something else -
> another playlist, or even just a song. Afterwhich I just switch back to
> my main playlist and Amarok keeps playing from where it left off.
> Currently to achieve this I just use two different media players, but
> its a bit of a hassle don't you think?

hmm. as for this, try using dynamic playlists.
define smart playlists that do what you want (like getting all tracks
that have playcount < 1), then use them in dynamic playlists - and you
can switch those any moment.

if you don't know how smart/dynamic playlists work, see
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Dynamic_Playlist_Walkthrough
--
  Rich