Amarok Layout, now with real Mockup

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 08:04:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Reigo Reinmets <reigo.reinmets at hot.ee> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Now, i know lot's of people are going to hate me for doing this,
>  But i took the single most sexy looking player controls i've seen in my life
>  so far
>  And added it to the bottom of amaroK.. Now, ofcourse it has to be modified
>  etc.
>  but the overall layout of the buttons, now-playing text, time etc is imho
>  perfect.
>
>  http://www.reinmets.ee/dont.shoot.png
>
>  PS: I did modified the M$ layout a bit, moved the time, removed some
>  buttons, extended the now-playing text.
>  PS2: I didn't had photoshop nor Gimp nor other stuff installed at the
>  moment, so used M$ Paint to do this, /me @ work and can't be hasslede to
>  boot to linux atm.
>
>  Discuss, but don't shoot me :)
>
>  Reigo Reinmets

PANG!
Just kidding, I like it very much. Even the background, which should
be SVG, can be colorified according to the theme settings.
I think I recognize these controls from an earlier iteration of
amarok2, but I might be wrong. If so, I have no idea why it was
replaced with the current controls. The new ones are, although very
functional, not pretty to look at at all.

Bart