Problems with sqlite support with 1.4.8: no such table: uniqueid_temp

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Tue Feb 26 13:04:04 UTC 2008

On 2008.02.26. 14:39, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> So here's why you get those _temp errors.
>
> You said you were doing full rescans.  When the collection scanner is doing an
> incremental scan it creates temporary tables populated with old information;
> then it drops the normal tables, scans, and copies the info from the temp
> tables back (I think I have that sequence right).  However, when doing a full
> rescan it drops all tables and just scans directly in, it doesn't create

does it really drop tables ? i hope it doesn't, because we tell people
to do full rescans all the time and they sort of don't come back
complaining about lost statistics...

> temporary tables.  So when the unique ID for a URL is wanted, the function
> checks to see if scanning is currently happening.  If so, it defaults to
> looking up the UID in the temp table (because the scan isn't yet complete).
> If it gets no value back, it then checks the normal table.  Since Amarok
> prints out these errors from the database what you're seeing is simply a
> result of checking the temp table first, which may not exist.  It's a totally
> harmless error.  The reason it checks the temp tables first is because it if
> you have information about a unique ID in both locations it defaults to the
> old information in case they've not yet gotten merged.  That was actually

hmm. but in my case, it is a full first scan, there are no tables before
that.
i don't see any reason why should amarok query uid at all (i don't have
any tracks in the playlist, i am not adding any tracks to playlist etc).

> based on an old architecture of AFT and is probably not relevant
> anymore...rethinking the issue, I don't see why it couldn't be flipped.
> Although you could still see the errors if you're scanning and the new
> database tables do not yet have that URL value in them (so a better way is if
> you know a backend-agnostic query to find out whether or not a table
> exists...).
  Rich