Problems with sqlite support with 1.4.8: no such table: uniqueid_temp

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Mon Feb 25 09:56:10 UTC 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008, Rich wrote:
> On 2008.02.25. 11:26, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Rich wrote:

> > They should be created before a scan and removed afterwards. I've traced
> > the calls and they *do* get created but they just don't appear to stick
> > around. I think it must be either some mutli-threading or transaction
> > commit type bug but I'm nowhere near certain.
> >
> >> for me, deviceid in those messages is '-1' (even though i haven't
> >> explicitly disabled dynamic collection and all the settings are
> >> defaults).
> >
> > This is expected: Local disk gets a device id of -1.
>
> that's the thing, it was a usb disk :)

This has nothing to do with the original problem (error in a sql query). If
the files that are mentioned in the query are actually stored on a local disk
(this includes usb disks), a deviceid of -1 means that a) amarok could not
connect to the kded mediamanager, or b) mediamanager is returning incorrect
data. As usual, run "dcop kded mediamanager fullList" to find out what's
going on.