Question about AFT and duplicate entries

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 24 16:46:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a quick question about AFT.

I've got my laptop and my home server which I mount over NFS. This works
well and I can attach and detach the collection quite happily. However,
I do duplicate some of the music on NFS to my local machine for when I'm
not at home etc.

This setup results in having two entries in the tags table for each
duplicated file. The statistics table has a unique key on uniqueid field
so it will only ever get one entry per track, even if there are two used
(is there any reason to have deviceid and url in this table?? Surely the
uniqueid is the relevent joining field?) but the collection browser
shows both entries meaning that for some albums I have two of every
track which is not very user friendly.

Am I doing something wrong or is the collection browser not filtering
out the dupicates by using the uniqueid table?

That said, I wonder if my uniqueid table is being populated correctly.

e.g.
mysql> SELECT COUNT(uniqueid) FROM uniqueid;
| COUNT(uniqueid) |
|           14840 |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT uniqueid) FROM uniqueid;
| COUNT(DISTINCT uniqueid) |