iTunes like Album selector

Martin Graesslin ubuntu at martin-graesslin.com
Thu Feb 21 13:38:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I implemented an alternative Alt+Tab window switcher for KWin's Desktop
Effects (svn commit 777745) which is inspired by iTunes Album selector.

I think it should be possible to "port" it to a plamaoid. So if you want to
have such an iTunes like album selector, I would start to extract the
functionality into an own class and write a plasmaoid which uses it. The
effect is implemented in OpenGL, so that should not be any problem.

If you want to take a look at the effect, I recorded a video, you can find it
here: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1Nu4425g8
(if you have problems with flash or want to see a better resolution, just mail
me and I will provide the uncompressed video)

Best regards
Martin Gräßlin