Fast forward (seek forward) goes backwards

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Wed Feb 13 04:02:40 UTC 2008

Amarok 1.4.8 (KDE 3.5.8) on Debian/Linux testing.

I use a USB voice recorder to record college lectures.  It stores audio
files as wma which I pull onto my hard drive and listen to with Amarok.

I often need to scan backwards/forwards to listen to different parts of the
lecture.

The left arrow key scans backwards as it should, but unfortunately, the
right arrow key also scans backwards (maybe a little less than the left
arrow key does, but the right arrow key still scans backwards).

I went to Settings | Configure Shortcuts and made sure that "Seek Backward"
is "Left" and "Seek Forward" is "Right".  Yes the right arrow key still
scans backwards.

I really, really need a scan forward feature.  Is there any way to fix this
behavior?

Also, is it possible to configure the scanning feature to go back/forward by
the number of seconds of my choosing?  The current number of seconds is good
for music, but a little inconvenient for lectures when I just want to hear a
single sentence over again.  It would be nice to have this configurable.

Thanks!
Pete

Last night I dreamt of 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee    p at dirac.org
 into theorems."     -- Paul Erdös                     http://www.dirac.org