Better mp3-streaming

Arvid Piehl Lauritsen Böttiger arvid at fys.ku.dk
Sun Feb 10 20:06:25 UTC 2008

I often listen to mp3-files as a stream instead of downloading the
whole file first. However, while you are listening you often forget
it's a stream and may pause it, which means you only can listen to the
rest of the buffer when you resume.
This is often an issue when you listen to some 2 hour long podcast you
don't want amarok to download as default.

Would it be possible to enhance this? To me it would be ideal if
amarok could just continue streaming in the background and save the
stream in the memory so you can continue listening later. mp3-files
are not *that* big, and of course amarok should just delete the file
from memory when you stop/skip the track.

Regards

Arvid