start and use amarok with alternate configurations (different databases)

Sam Fielder srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu
Mon Feb 4 17:33:59 UTC 2008

does anyone know if it is possible to start amarok with different
profiles/configurations?

my music is stored on my server at home. I am syncing a playlist to a SD
card on my laptop so i can listen while I am away.  Every time I come
home after listening to the music on the SD card the database is blank.
(no history etc.)

can i start amarok with different configs via the command line?

what I would like to do is start  amarok when I am away with a different
db. this would get me around the worst part of the problem(the
"full"database being overwritten with the info from the sd card when I
listen away from home), but would also let me potentially merge the two
databases and keep a track of all of my listening history.

also is it possible to combine statistics from the SD card into the main
database

sam