Amarok 2 on OS X.

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 06:09:05 UTC 2008

For everyone on who who might not have been on "the action" via irc
for the past week (and a half?) I've been trying to get amarok to
compile, install, output audio and show it's menus properly on OS X.
Through varying levels of "masterful" hackery this has, finally, been
achieved. I'm actually quite proud of this since I originally just
wanted the thing to build.
I have, of course, found some outstanding issues which I'll list below:

- no menubar -> fixed
- no scrolling of scrollbar when using phonon backend xine backend.
- psuedotransparent osd crashes 'rok -> replace with growl based OSD
- plasmaview not showing up. at. all.
- no movement possible in cover bling mode.
- can't drag from file browser to playlist as this crashes amarok
(does this happen in linux too?)
- Settings dialog too large. Even on my 1400x900 screen. This is
caused by the "Engines" section. Specifically the xine engine config
screen.

As I've gotten far too familiar with the menu code I figured out the I
could add menus to the OS X dock icon popup menu. I put the entries
from the "Amarok" Menu in the dock menu. I also changed the name of
the "Amarok" menu entry to "File". Otherwise there would be two
"Amarok" menu entries, which would just look weird.

So here's how amarok on OS X looks now: http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture6jf1.png

Patch is attached. I've no idea how this explodes when compiled in
linux so I figured sending a patch was better than forcing it into svn.