podcasts in Amarok 2.0 ?

Alvin alvinbeach at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:38:47 UTC 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 11:03:06 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Having a default selection of podcasts that are Linux-based will be a
> turnoff to Windows and Mac users, who could very well end up numbering
> far more than our Linux base.  I suggest more neutral ones.  How about
> Car Talk for instance?

That's a good idea. What I was thinking/hoping that this feature would be a
directory of various podcasts of various topics. This sounds like it will be
more of a podcasts directory. Sort of how when you expand the Shoutcasts
streams you get a listing of categories with subcategories, etc. Is there
such a site that is "Shoutcast-like" but provides a directory of podcasts
rather than audio streams? If so, this would lift the burden off Amarok and
the Amarok developers/community to manage a podcast directory.

Just throwing this out there, but would it make sense to have a Amarok
community driven/managed list of podcasts? Some place where the Amarok
community can recommend/add a podcast RSS URL. Then Amarok could simply be a
frontend to this list much in the same way it lists the Shoutcast streams?

Alvin