Ogg Vorbis Streams Playlist

Matthew Craig matthew.t.craig at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 19:50:08 UTC 2008

Greetings -

After enjoying Amarok 1.4 in the new openSUSE 11.1, for the first
time, I wanted to contribute something to the project.  I created a
playlist based on the compilation at the Xiph.org Wiki, for live
Vorbis streams.  I inquired in the #amarok channel a few weeks back,
and there was some mention about the possibility of including such a
playlist in future versions or in distribution packaging.

I finished putting together the playlist, adding the streams' titles
and verifying functionality.  I have made the streambrowser_save.xml
file available online, which is clean XML and should be easy to
convert to future versions of Amarok.  I would be interested to know
how this information is used, but otherwise feel free to use, copy,
and modify this file, as needed.  I hope it is helpful to expose more
people to the number and variety of Vorbis streams, especially on
Linux distributions that do not come configured with Mpeg playback.

http://matthewcraig.com/streambrowser_save.xml

Best regards, happy new year, and good luck with this interesting project!

Matthew Craig