Stop after

Mark Fraser kde at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 16:01:32 UTC 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 15:43:12 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> 2008/12/18 Gary Steinert <gary.steinert at gmail.com>:
> > On Thursday 18 December 2008 14:54:10 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> >> te:
> >> Today 14:54:10

> >> I actually had something more nifty in mind for 2.1:
> >>
> >> In the Playlist menu, you get an entry "Stop After...". Clicking this
> >> item opens a dialog with multiple choices:
> >>
> >> [ ] Currently playing track
> >> [ ] Seconds: <enter seconds>
> >> [ ] This album
> >> [ ] Some other foo
> >>
> >> We could add a keyboard shortcut that automatically opens this dialog.
> >>
> >> How cool is that?
> >
> > Very cool =)
> >
> > However i think having the choices as a sub menu would be better.
> > I can see the dialog box approach becoming as annoying as OpenOffice
> > Calc's delete cell dialog if you use it often enough.
> >
> > A shortcut to bring up a dialog may be cool though=)
>
> The most often used item (Stop After Current Track) would be selected
> by default. So a simple press of the Return key would enable it.

I don't mind as long as when I start playing music again it goes to the next
track and not repeat the last one I was playing when I hit 'stop after
current track'. An extra menu entry from the tool bark icon would be handy
too, rather than having to bring up Amarok just so that I can click on stop
after current track.