Amarok 2.0 released Can I install over top of amarok 1.4?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Dec 16 07:21:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Robert Smits <bob at rsmits.ca> wrote:
> One thing that I did discover afterward  was that my Amarok 1.4 setup was now
> hosed. I don't know if it was caused by installed 2.0 on the same KDE3
> desktop or because I had also added KDE4 a week previously. And when I say
> hosed, my mysql collection settings were gone, I was using yuapp instead of
> xine, etc.

Basically downgrading software is _never_ supported by any KDE app,
nor by most software in general. If it works, it's often pure luck.
The developers do not test this and don't support it.

So, if you plan to downgrade at a later point, make sure to make a
_backup_ of your old configs.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer