improved representation of bias

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 00:13:27 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 16:04:36 Caleb Cushing wrote:
> problem is that I can't really tell how amarok calculates my playlist
> making it near impossible to tweak. I really don't know what it's
> doing.

I'm keeping this off-list because I don't want to publicly criticize a GSOC
student (though I have done so in private), and because Ian causes a
shitstorm every time I bring it up.

I think the bias system is a good idea with a sucky implementation.  It sucks
from a UI standpoint, and it really sucks from a code standpoint.  I've
written a totally new Automatic Playlist Generator system, which I believe is
a lot more straightforward for users, a hell of a lot more powerful, and much
better designed.  I will merge it into the tree once we open up 2.1 for new
major features.

--
Soren Harward
stharward at gmail.com