amarok-extras-freeworld in Fedora-10 -- also amarok-1

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Dec 11 21:25:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 13:08 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> The amarok web site advises installing this in Fedora-10, but I haven't
> been able to find it anywhere.  Has it been combined with the amarok RPM
> in Fedora-10?

There are a number of different add-on packages for amarok on Fedora,
associated with mp3 files mostly. The Fedora maintainers will not ship
MP3 decoders because the format is covered by a patent.

I have always used the amarok-extras-nonfree package available from the
Livna repository (rpm.livna.org).

--Greg