help connecting to embedded db

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Dec 11 07:06:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/MySQL_Embedded I followed that
>
> /usr/sbin/mysqld --default-storage-engine=MyISAM
> --defaults-file=`pwd`/my.cnf --datadir=`pwd`/mysqle
> --socket=`pwd`/sock --skip-grant-tables
>
> that works.... but then I can't get connected to the service
>
> mysql -u root -h 127.0.0.1 --password
> Enter password:
> ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1'

If you want to access Amarok's MySQL Embedded database, you can do
this very nicely like this:

Activate the "Script Console" script in the Script Manager. Now you
can access many parts of Amarok's API, including the collection. Try
this:

Amarok.Collection.query( "SELECT dir FROM directories" )

Then click "Execute Code" and watch the result appear in the upper
half of the dialog :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer