Interesting UI Mockups: possible ideas for Amarok 2.1.x

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:29:53 UTC 2008

On Wed December 10 2008 2:00:04 pm Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> So overall, I think the toolbar needs to be rethought for this to
> work. Also, and this is purely personal, I _Really prefer to have the
> toolbar on top. that places it opposite the play controls available in
> the system tray icon, which means that overall I need to use the mouse
> less to find somewhere I can control Amarok from.

However this only applies if your status tray is at the bottom of the screen
(mine is at the top of a vertical panel to save space on a widescreen
monitor), which isn't a good assumption to make (afair there was a related
issue with the status tray tooltip assuming it was in the lower left hand
corner which was fixed). Maybe it could be made some type of dock widget or
something so that a user could choose where they wanted it to go?

Henry