Interesting UI Mockups: possible ideas for Amarok 2.1.x

Teo Mrnjavac teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:09:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Diego Rondini <panda84 at inwind.it> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> First I would like to thank all the amarok authors for the 2.0 release:
> as you say it's just "a new start", but it's a good start! :)
>
> As you know there is always room for improvements, so I would like to
> open a discussion about these mockups that are getting lots of praises
> among kde-look users:
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Amarok2+Look+and+Feel?content=93854
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/A+Media+Player+for+KDE4?content=94472
>
> Do you think some of these ideas could get into amarok 2.1? Which ones?
>
> Bye,
> Diego

Dude!
I can't speak for the other devs but your second mockup totally blew
me away! There are some details I would change, like the volume
slider, but most of it is pure awesomeness!
The possibility to move the top bar and to have a mini mode is
definitely a plus. I wonder how doable would this interface be while
keeping it independent from the KDE style.