[Fwd: Re: Interesting UI Mockups: possible ideas for Amarok 2.1.x]

Andrew Ash ash211 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:05:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:55 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw many ideas on this list prior to the release - such as the "song"
> with multiple format files being managed as a single item. I too am
> wondering if any of the "good "ideas presented on this list are being
> considered for a 2.x release.

I'm sure they are, but I think the trunk repository will be in
maintenance mode for a few weeks in order to take care of whatever
bugs arise from the massive influx of testers.  Once the bug-fixing
has stabilized for a bit, then these types of features will be merged
into trunk.  A number of Amarok developers have those sorts of
features waiting in personal git repositories for the right time to
integrate them.

I've heard plans for the unified song model, different scoring
mechanisms, content-based music song comparisons, and all sorts of
other crazy features.  There are definitely a lot of good ideas still
in the works from the Amarok team :)

Andrew Ash