Abstract idea of Song instead of pure file management

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Dec 7 03:12:55 UTC 2008

Cody Christensen wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2008 7:33:35 am Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> Cody Christensen wrote:
>>> 	The original idea would still be implemented. If I understood the thread
>>> correctly I think that would mean that only the exactly matching tags
>>> would automatically be corralated together. Then the fuzzy search (that
>>> requires interaction) could be started through the "helper" program like
>>> the AFT is.
>> Already in the works.  :-)  Soren had a separate binary, but we'll be
>> integrating them (and possibly other song-scanning functions) into the
>> same program to provide easy, consistent output for scripts.
>>
>> --Jeff
>
> Are you saying that someone is already working on the idea in this thread? or
> are you just talking about Soren's song analysis?

Sorry, I meant to quote the following paragraph:

Sorry if I was not clear. The only reason I brought up the more robust
AFT is that I remember you saying that there would be an external
program shipped for the purpose of AFT and I figured it could be a
multipurpose program.  When they start that external "helper" program
they could have the choice of scanning the files and creating the
necessary data for the robust AFT and as a SEPARATE option they can
perform the fuzzy song corelation that would also require interaction.

That is already in the works.

--Jeff