1.98 RC1 hangs under F10

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 5 19:06:38 UTC 2008

Fedora 10 yesterday released an update, moving Amarok from 1.94 Beta to
1.98 RC1. Since then I have been seeing a serious problem. About one
time in four, when I pause it, it loses the audio. I can restart the
playback, and the time bar shows it advancing, but there is no sound.
Nothing I have been able to do (including killing and restarting
pulseaudio) can bring the sound back. While this is happening, other
applications can output audio normally. I have to quit Amarok and
restart it, after which everything is fine until the next time this
happens.

Anybody else seen this?

--Greg