a minor nit 1.94

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Thu Dec 4 08:14:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:11:40 -0700,  wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 08:49 +1000, Seb Ruiz wrote:

> gstreamer
>> >
>> > How do I know which I'm using? (I'm brand new to Amarok 2 but an
>> > experienced Linux sysadmin).
>>
>> Unfortunately the only way to do this is to actually have a KDE4
>> install, and use the system settings. Alternatively, simply install
>> the phonon-xine pacakge and remove the phonon-gstreamer package for
>> fedora (I'm not familiar with fc though).
>
> For what it's worth: the package that comes with Fedora 10 is
> phonon-backend-xine-4.1.3-1.fc10.i386, so it looks like I am using the
> xine backend already.

Doesn't necessarily needs to be true. Phonon is designed to support
multiple back-ends, so if you've also got
phonon-backend-gstreamer-4.2.0-7.fc10.i386 (seems to be most recent
version) installed, it's possible that you are still using GStreamer over
Xine. System Settings => Computer Administration => Sound => Backend tab
will tell you which backend has the highest priority and which backend(s)
you've got installed.

On a side note I'm on FC10 using GStreamer and Amarok 2 SVN, working
flawless at the moment. :)

--
Eelko Berkenpies
http://www.berkenpies.nl/