Dependencies for amarok 1.4

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 12:14:29 UTC 2008

2008/12/3 Rich <rich at hq.vsaa.lv>:
> On 2008.12.03. 12:40, Beso wrote:
>>> No, KDE4 is not backwards compatible. Use the latest stable 3.5
>>> release (3.5.10 iirc).
>>>
>> you need qt4 with qt3 support (or qt3 installed altogether with qt4),
>> kdelibs and mysql. you might need additional packages based on other
>> needs.
>
> mysql is optional, i think ?
> ruby is used for many scripts, so that one might be needed
> --
>  Rich

for what i know mysql has been a requirement for the collection db,
but i might be wrong. you might be able to compile amarok 1.4 without
mysql support, but with some other db installed. i personally haven't
seen any new linux system without one db installed and usually if you
install qt4 and kde4 you should have mysql installed as a
prerequisite, so mysql shouldn't really be a problem.
anyway, if you have kde4 i'd advice you to pass to amarok2.

--
dott. ing. beso