[Feedback] Amarok 2 GUI Feedback

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Dec 1 20:09:29 UTC 2008

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
>> 1.  That you could collapse the panes (so I might only have playlist,
>> or only playlist+context).  Or perhaps rearrange them; for example, a
>> split-two pane view, with collection on the left, and the right pane
>> is split with Playlist at top/context at bottom (I really like that
>> idea).
>
> You can! The browser and playlist panels can be freely resized and
> even "lock together" leaving the context view invisible.

Yes, this is true, but you can't arbitrarily resize them to be i.e.
vertically stacked or some such thing.  But if you don't want the
context view, you can hide it.

I don't think this is likely to change much, at least soon -- we have
many, many things we want to implement that we consider a higher
priority -- but as Nikolaj said, we know that consistency could
definitely be improved (as could the general look overall, even if in
small ways for now), so hopefully it'll serve you well at this point.  :-)

--Jeff