Changes in directorties w/ music files

Chris Joelly chris-m-lists at joelly.net
Wed Aug 27 20:05:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

i use Amarok for almost 3 years now but one thing annoys me very much:

how can i tell amarok how often it should scan a filesystem for changes
in new music, changes in id3 tags and so on. i have a rather big
directory structure in which my files resides, and amarok is scanning
almost every minute for new files, somtimes there are only a few seconds
between two scans.
i think that once a hour or probably once a day should be sufficient for
amarok to look for new or changed content. sure, i could trigger scanning
of my music archive manually, but iirc amarok doesn't scan my fs that
often about 3 years ago ...

amarok version: 1.4.10 on debian lenny, but this behaviour is there
since months, maybe more than a year.

and if i change id3 tags of mp3 files through amarok, why does amarok
not display this changes e.g. in the folder browser or context tab and
why is amarok not always able to preview cd covers when selecting the
folder the album and the cover image resides? sometimes i have to leave
amarok and restart it so that it displays the cd cover i defined for an
album.

amarok scans excessivly through my directory structure, but many times
it doesn't 'see' any changes...

thx, chris

--
"The greatest proof that intelligent life other that humans exists in
 the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us!"