Amarok 2 Beta

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 19:59:00 UTC 2008

2008/8/25 Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu>

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Christoph Spielmann <spielc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > As a long time user of Amarok i've been watching the development
> > progress of Amarok 2 with alot of interest. As the (first?) beta was
> > released last week i decided to give it a go this weekend. I was
> > positively surprised by the current state of the program. Almost
> > everything worked out of the box without the necessity of interference
> > from my side. For example last.fm-submission of my tracks worked as soon
> > as i entered correct username and password), scanning of my music
> > collection was quite fast and as far as i could see all my music files
> > are there... Only thing i couldn't get to work was QtScript (neither the
> > console nor the test script worked). When i start e.g. the
> > Script-console i get this:
>
> Try using the latest SVN. The script bindings are now always generated.
>
> Glad you enjoyed the beta! :)
>
> Ian

i still  have some big troubles with copying files from the local collection
to the creative zen collection. this is sort of annoying since amarok 1.4 is
making some fun of me on kde4 and doesn't want to start anymore. i haven't
seen any updates about this matter in some time and i really think that
without this function working at least in some way amarok shouldn't be
released. the new playlist also is a bit bad and amarok still removes my
personal covers from the collection in favour of amazon ones. i have this
with all the tracks in my collection. there isn't a single track on which i
can select and set a personal cover that will last, since amarok always want
to fetch them out. the other problem is that big albums of over 15 files are
splitted in more than one section. this is a little strange in my opinion...

--
dott. ing. beso