[Feedback] Sammlung in Amarok

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Aug 25 13:29:10 UTC 2008

Sven Krohlas wrote:
> [For English readers: A question about compilations and how to make them
> appear under the artist that's in the albumartist tag]

Out of curiosity, what was the reply (in English)?

This has always been a bugbear of mine in *all* audio apps. My general
"solution" (never coded) would be to provide a way to define how many
levels of hierarchy you want and how you want each level to be formatted
(via a suitable script language) - this would be used to pre-compute a
tree (based on l & r values for quick, single query access) which could
be used for display and searching, with the downside that when you
change your tree setup it would have to rebuild the tree... (which is
not all that difficult or problematic really). But this is certainly
many miles from the "just works" mantra!

> Rechte Maustaste in der Sammlung auf das Album
> -> "Nicht unter 'Verschiedene Interpreten' anzeigen"
>
> Damit wird das Album bei allen mitwirkenden Interpreten angezeigt, afaik haben
> wir noch keine Unterstützung für den albumartist-Tag.
>
> Bis denn.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie