Music Manager - Volume Too Low

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Aug 22 11:58:21 UTC 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008, Shamus Thornton wrote:
> Hi, I'm an ASUS eeePC owner using Music Manager 1.4.3 (using KDE 3.4.2)
> build date Sept 25, 2007, but if I turn the volume up all the way, I can't
> hear my MP3s. I can hear the music or podcasts enough to tell that they're
> faintly playing, but its not loud enough to understand or enjoy.
>
> I ran the system test, and there is nothing wrong with my speakers. I would
> appreciate any help.
>
> Thank you!
> Shamus

Shamus,

This likely has nothing to do with our application, and instead to do with
your particular machine or its hardware or software settings.

Try running kmix or alsamixer and make sure that levels for various different
volume sliders are turned up.  It is likely that you are adjusting one volume
slider in Amarok, but others are turned down too far (for instance, on many
machines both Master and PCM affect the total volume).

--Jeff