patch for new feature: acoustic fingerprinting and audio similarity

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:26:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Jeff Mitchell
<kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> -- You put fingerprint stuff into Meta::Track, where it doesn't belong, as
> it's specialized to specific types of tracks.

I couldn't figure out a way around this because the main Amarok app
uses Meta::Track for everything.  For example, all the dynamic
playlists code uses Meta::Track.  So if I don't add the three
fingerprinting functions to Meta::Track, then the dynamic playlist
can't make use of any fingerprinting code.  I tried to mitigate this
problem by declaring the do-nothing fingerprinting functions as normal
virtual (instead of pure virtual) in Meta::Track so that any class
that doesn't use fingerprints can just inherit the do-nothing
functions.  If you can suggest a better way to do this, please do.

--
Soren Harward