patch for new feature: acoustic fingerprinting and audio similarity

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:18:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:

>> Another of the small quibbles with your patch: avoid using
>> BlockingQuery
>> if humanly possible.
>

> An addition: do not try to avoid blockinquery, DO NOT use
> BlockingQuery at all :) I am going to remove the last references
> (hopefully) from some DataEngines, and then plan on removing it from
> Amarok completely.

I got a chance to go back and look at my patch.  I used BlockingQuery
in the FingerprintTester class, which isn't intended for use within
Amarok.  My patch included a small testing program which wraps
FingerprintTester, and FingerprintTester doesn't even get compiled
into amaroklib.

--
Soren Harward