patch for new feature: acoustic fingerprinting and audio similarity

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:40:18 UTC 2008

I am not a part of the Amarok dev team, but here are my 2 cents: this sounds
great. Actually, I've been looking for something like this for ages. LastFM's
suggestions are good, but they aren't perfect, as I have many songs from
little known artists (mostly from Jamendo), which never get suggested. When
the music collection is rather large, it becomes hard to keep track of every
single song and its mood (and genre tags don't help too much - for
example, "Crazy" by Aerosmith and "Kill the King" by Rainbow both have "Hard
Rock" as the genre, but their mood is completely different). So, acoustic
fingerprinting would come very handy. It even might become yet
another "killer feature", proving once again that Amarok is indeed The Best
Audio Player Ever (TM)

Best Regards,
Gleb