[Feedback] issue with 'year' from mp3's

HPeterKF at gmx.de HPeterKF at gmx.de
Sun Aug 3 14:36:02 UTC 2008

Peter sent a message using the contact form at
http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.

Hi,

I tagged my mp3's with different software and when I used Amarok to play them
I found a strange behaviour. The year of a few titles inside an album were
totally wrong.
These particular mp3's were tagged with an ID3 Tag 'DATE' – why? – I’ve
no idea.
It looks like Amarok is using this tag as year. So a date of 26th June was
translated into the year 2606 and the also available ‘YEAR’ tag of 2007
was totally ignored.
I’ve no idea if this is an Amarok issue?

Peter

Amarok is the best music manager I've ever used - Thanks!

Report as inappropriate:
http://amarok.kde.org/en/mollom/contact/d80c1cbc7c635aa2