debugging

James Lockie bjlockie at lockie.ca
Sun Apr 27 18:51:48 UTC 2008

Darjus Loktevic wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I used to use a little trick to make them both work:
> Setup Amarok with Xine engine.
> configure xine engine to use ARTS.
>
> Voila, You should be able listen to the music and system sounds.
>
> Sincerely,
> Darjus Loktevic
>
> On Sunday 27 April 2008 19:31:44 James Lockie wrote:
>
>> Gleb Litvjak wrote:

>>> Seem like you need some kind of software sound mixer (dmix for example),
>>> or you should disable Arts (in that case you'll lose the system sounds).
>>> What sound card do you have? What is lspci output?
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Gleb
>>>
>>> .
>>>
>> Is onboard audio.
>> http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ALiveNF5-eSATA2%2b&s=n
>> ALC883
>>
>> I'll see what happens when I disable aRts and reboot.
>>
>> I already don't like losing system sounds.
I can't get Amarok to have sound when I disabled aRts.

I have it set up the way you suggested but every so often Amarok can't
play sounds.
It might be related to when I play sound from the cdplayer (digital
audio over IDE, output on hdmi header. It always works, Amarok dies).
It is seemingly random right now.
My goal is to make it 100% reproducible.