greater than not doing what I expected

Gudlaugur Johannesson gudlaugu at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 24 23:06:42 UTC 2008

If I understand the filter system correctly, which I am not sure of, a song is
selected if
(Rating > 2.5 || Score > 65 || Playcount == 0) && Artist != "John Williams" &&
Artist != "Metallica" && Rating > 2.5.

With these, you are excluding all songs that have rating less than 2.5.  My
guess is that you want to do
(Rating > 2.5 || Score > 65 || Playcount == 0) && Artist != "John Williams" &&
Artist != "Metallica" && (Rating > 2.5 || Not Rated)

This is not possible and I guess the developers will have a hard time
implementing this kind of flexibility in a nice understandable interface.

What you can do instead, is to have two smart playlists and a dynamic playlist
that selects from those.

The first one would be to select all songs rated above 2.5.
The second one would be
(Score > 65 || Playcount == 0) && Not Rated

To have consistency with the artists, you would have to exclude them from both
playlist.

This is not optimal, but should work.

The problem here is that you generally don't want to exclude non-rated songs
when filtering on rating.  A possible fix is to have a default rating of 5
rather than the current default of 0.  Or even an option Rating, excluding
non rated or something like that.  Shouldn't be to hard to code, although I
am not volunteering for it.

Þann Fimmtudagur 24. apríl 2008 13:57 skrifaði Caleb Cushing: