Feedback: FC8 Crashes, UI problems, etc.

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:41:57 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 08:52:38 pm ziklag wrote:
> 4. Get RedHat to get a clue to the fact that MP3 is the
> de facto standard and to allow easy access to PLAYBACK
> capabilities.  There's nothing illegal about me playing
> my purchased MP3, my BeOS (BladeEnc) ripped music, etc.
> on my Linux box.

Fedora is shipped as a free (as in freedom) OS and as such will not have Flash,
MP3, or any other support that could get anyone into a patent dispute out of
the box. The Livna repository (rpm.livna.org) carries that kind of stuff
(nvidia blobs, mp3 support packages, among such things). Also, if my collection
weren't already in MP3, I'd not use it.

--Ben