amazon coverart - can we escape?

Gleb Litvjak blaster999 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:10:25 UTC 2008

On Sunday 20 April 2008 17:57:21 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> amarok.kde.org gets hacked, and someone exchanges the script with
> something malicious. Rickrolling, child porn, worms.. you get the
> picture.

Then what about using assymetric cryptography? The script is signed using a
secret key, and amarok is shipped with a hardcoded public key. If the digital
signature of the script is invalid or the script has been altered by someone
who doesn't know the secret key, then amarok refuses it. Yes, I know - sounds
like TC :)